More often than not, many diseases today share common symptoms. Many of the symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOD/PCOS) seem like problems that women face on a regular basis. Here are a few frequently occuring signs that might be indicative of your risk of having PCOD –
- Weight issues – Weight gain & inability to lose weight is a very common but missable sign of PCOD.
- Erratic periods – Irregular periods or missing your period for a stretch of several months is another sign of PCOD. Extremely heavy bleeding should also be taken seriously.
- Trouble conceiving – PCOD is one of the leading causes of infertility in women.
- Unwanted hair growth – Unwanted hair growth on the face, chin, breasts, thumbs & toes is a sign of PCOD.
- Hair thinning – On the other hand, hair thinning or loss of hair on the head is one of the symptoms of PCOD.
- Skin problems – While also possible as an independent condition, coupled with 2 or more of these signs, acne and other skin problems may be an indication of PCOD.
- Fatigue & lack of sleep – If you are always tired, even after getting a good amount of sleep, it is possible that you are suffering from PCOD.
- Headaches – The body goes through hormonal changes when suffering from PCOD. These changes may cause recurring headaches.
If you have PCOD, you may not necessarily notice all of these signs, but if you experience a recurring combination of a few of these symptoms, you should see your gynecologist immediately.