Consultant Neonatologist and Paediatrician
Lotus Hospitals for Women & Children
Neonatology training from one of India’s largest and renowned Neonatal Units- Surya Child Care, Mumbai. Specialized in the transport of critically ill neonates, all neonatal intensive care procedures, perioperative management of complex congenital cardiac defects, rational neonatal protocols. I encourage developmentally supportive care for neonates, and am a very rational user of antibiotics. I am well trained in the use of advanced neonatal ventilators including high frequency ( HFOV ) and inhaled nitric oxide therapy
My publications and achievements:
- Successfully organized and was a faculty for a CME program with International faculty – “Neonatology Update 2016” at Lotus Hospitals for Women and Children.
- Publications : “Rapid versus Slow Advancement of Feeds in Preterm babies less than 34 weeks in incidence of NEC and Feed intolerance”, in Journal of Neonatal Biology.
- “Recurrent life threatening events in a neonate”, in Journal of Case Reports.
- “Bronze Baby- A rare presentation of Biliary Atresia”, in Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology.
- Paper/ poster presentations at various national neonatal conferences.
My Areas of Interest:
- Neonatal intensive care
- Well and high risk newborn care
- Growth and development
- Pediatric nutrition
- Pediatric infectious diseases
My availability for professional consultation:
Outpatient Care : Monday to Saturday, 12PM – 5PM
Inpatient care : Monday to Saturday, 9AM – 5PM, and as and when required in case of any neonatal emergency.